The new Research Technical Staff Award recognizes staff for their distinguished service to the University of Minnesota research community and celebrates exemplary leadership that positively impacted their colleagues and advanced the University's mission.
Five personal honorariums of $1,000 each will be awarded.
Read about our 2022 awardees: Honoring Five Research Technical Staff Members
The Research Technical Staff Award is open to University of Minnesota staff who are involved in the practice of research or in support of faculty who are performing research.
- Research technician
- Research associate/assistant
- Research data management and analysis staff
The following positions are not eligible for these awards: tenured, tenure track, clinical track, and research track faculty; administrators; postdocs; and students.
Nomination deadline is June 16, 2023 (by 11:59 p.m.). Send nomination materials as a single PDF document to email@example.com. Award decisions are expected to be made in August.
- A one page letter of nomination from the staff member’s principal investigator (PI) or supervisor that includes a description of the nominee’s contributions to their unit and to the University in support of the nomination
- A one page letter of support from a UMN employee
- Both letters should be 10pt font or higher, with one-inch margins
- Nominee's CV or resume, no longer than two pages
Please address the following evaluation criteria in the nomination letter:
- Quality of contribution to the University’s research enterprise
- Consistency of contribution to the University’s research enterprise
- Successful partnership efforts with PIs
- Role as a team player
- Exceptional work ethic
- Service above and beyond those of the the position description