Requesting Changes to an Approved Protocol
Changes to IACUC protocols must be reviewed and approved before the change is initiated. Changes to approved protocols are managed via amendments in the eProtocol system.
Examples of changes that require IACUC approval include, but are not limited to:
- Addition of new staff - Job Aid: Access Request/Adding Personnel
Note: this form can only be submitted by UMN employees
- New funding sources
- An increase in the number of animals to be used
- New procedures to be performed on live animals
- Changes to existing procedures, such as new drugs, doses, or routes of administration
- Additional methods of euthanasia
- Requests for exceptions to policies, such as social housing or analgesic use
Starting an Amendment
- Log onto eProtocol: eprotocol.umn.edu.
- Select the blue "IACUC" tab at the top of the screen.
- Locate the relevant protocol under the “Approved Protocols” section and click on the Protocol ID number. A pop-up window will open with several options. Select “Start Amendment”.
- The protocol will open in a new window, with a new blue tab on the left side titled “Amendment”. Use this Amendment tab to briefly summarize the requested changes.
- Provide the details for the requested changes in each relevant section of the protocol, by navigating through the blue tabs on the left hand side.
- Once all changes have been entered, select the blue “Submit” tab located within the navigational tabs located on the left hand side of the window.
Transfers, Timelines & Reactivation
Contact RAR at 612-624-9100 and view rodent quarantine information.
For further assistance , contact IACUC staff: