The IRB is using a phased-approach to migrate existing submissions and active studies into the ETHOS system. The three phases of the migration are:
- May 2017 - Student led social/behavioral research
- July 2017 - Faculty led social/behavioral research
- September 2017 - Medical research
Studies that have Not Been Migrated
Until notified by the HRPP, researchers with submissions that are under review or approved via the old process should continue to email submission items to firstname.lastname@example.org and continue to use legacy forms including the Report Form, Change in Protocol, and other post-approval documents.
Validating a Migrated Study
Once notified by the HRPP that migration has occurred, researchers should validate the study in ETHOS. Use the following resources:
- Validating a Migrated Study Job Aid (A step-by-step on how to submit a validation submission for a migrated study in ETHOS)
- New Submission Checklist (Checklist of documents and information needed to submit a new study)
Medical Study Migration
Existing or active medical studies will migrate to ETHOS on September 9, 2017. This migration excludes exempt studies and studies with an expiration date in September and October 2017.