Post Review Process
After the monthly meeting, applications will either be approved as submitted, approved with stipulations, or deferred.
- Deferred applications lack significant information. These will require re-review by the full IBC committee after revisions are made and submitted to assess the safety level of the work.
- Stipulations are requested revisions that will not require full committee re-review. These can include requests for training, biosafety cabinet recertification, clarification or revision of standard operating procedures (SOPs), etc.
Responding to Stipulations
In the eProtocol system:
- Choose Investigator home
- Click on the IBC tab to see the protocols that have comments/stipulations
- Click on “Comments Received (Cycle 1)” in the Protocol Event column to view comments
- Address each comment in its respective “response” box
- Revise the eProtocol application as requested
- Submit by clicking on the “Respond to IBC” button on the Comments page
Typically, responses to comments/stipulations do not need to be reviewed by the entire committee.
See Response to Comments/Stipulations for more instruction.
If you have not responded to stipulations within 30 days, we will send a reminder. Failure to respond within 90 days will render your application inactive and you will be required to submit a new application.
The eProtocol system allows anyone on a protocol to view the status of that IBC application/protocol at any time:
- The “My Research Compliance” tab lists all applications within eProtocol that list you among the personnel. Choose the IBC tab to view only IBC protocols.
- Find the protocol ID number of interest and check the “Status/Comments” column to find the applications status.
To view all of the status events and emails sent in relation to an application, open the application and select “Event History” from the left-hand blue menu. Any person listed on a protocol may also contact us at 612-626-2161 or firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about the status of a submission.