Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) Core Curriculum
Faculty members, postdoctoral fellows, and others serving as principal investigators (PIs) are required to complete the Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) Core Curriculum. PIs who have already met the RCR Core requirement do not need to take it again.
Sign Up Instructions
The RCR Core Curriculum is a Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) course. CITI uses a single sign-in application, so UMN employees can use their UMN internet IDs when logging into CITI.
To enroll in a course for the first time:
- Click “I don't have a CITI Program account and I need to create one”
- Expand the tab “University of Minnesota Courses”
- Click “Add a Course”
- Select the training required by or most appropriate to your research activities. For RCR Core training, check all boxes that apply in question four
- Click “Submit”
To merge your UMN internet ID with a previously created CITI account,* email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your first and last name
- The name of your institution
- The username or Member ID for the account to keep
- The username or Member ID for the account to merge
*If you merge an existing account from another institution, please note that the University of Minnesota requirements may be different, so you may have to take additional modules.
The RCR Core Curriculum must be completed no later than 90 days from the date of a PI’s initial appointment. Personnel anticipating a research award within the 90 day window should meet the RCR requirement as early as possible. Awarded funds cannot be released until all RCR requirements are met.