Resources for Entrepreneurs
Interested in launching a startup company based on University technology? Fill out a startup application to begin.
We use potential startup companies' business plans to assess the startup's viability. We can also review and assist with the creation of business plans.
Business plans should answer questions like:
- What problem will your company address?
- What will your company's products be?
- What will the value of the product be and how will it be priced?
- Who will your customers be? Have you contacted them to assist in product design?
- What barriers stand in your way?
- What are the initial markets and the size of these markets?
- Who are the competitors and what is your company’s competitive advantage?
- What are your financial projections for the first five years of company operation?
- Who will manage the company? What is their relevant experience?
- What is your exit plan for the company?
Licensing Agreements for Startups
After we review your business plan and confirm a startup company is the best way to commercialize the technology, we will negotiate a license for technology with the newly established startup.
These agreements generally include both financial terms, such as the license fee and the royalty rate paid by the company, and nonfinancial terms.
Learn more about the license agreement process.