Investigators are required to submit final closeout reports when all of the following apply:
- Study is permanently closed to enrollment
- Participants have completed all research activities
- Collection and analysis of identifiable information is complete
Use the following resources to prepare a new study submission:
Submit a Study Closure: Quick Guide
High-level, step-by-step guide on how to submit a study closure.
What to Expect after Submitting to the IRB
Explanation of the IRB process once a submission is received by the IRB.
- How to Withdraw or Discard a Submission: Quick Guide
High-level, step-by-step guide on how to withdraw or discard a submission.
- Common Reasons for Stipulations and Deferrals
List of common reasons for stipulations and deferrals.
We also recommend reviewing the following documents from the HRPP Toolkit Library:
Investigator Manual (download)
Comprehensive guide of all policies, procedures, and resources related to the conduct of human research at the University of Minnesota.