eProtocol is a web-based technology that enables principal investigators, staff, and committee members to prepare, submit, review, and communicate about protocols. OBAO uses eProtocol for application submissions.
- Use only updated Firefox or Safari*—do not use Chrome.
- You must turn off browser pop-up blockers because eProtocol uses pop-ups.
- Learn how to disable pop-up blockers or add a trusted site.
Navigating in eProtocol Applications
- Navigate eProtocol using the blue and white panel along the left side of the application window for quick access to the different application sections.
- Selecting “Protocol Information” from the blue and white panel will open a drop-down list of application sections and white navigation boxes at the top.
- To submit an application, use the "Submit Form" button on the blue and white panel. Only Principal Investigators can submit applications. Once submitted a confirming email is sent. (Ensure pop-up blockers are turned off.)
- Job Aid: IBC eProtocol Navigation
Known eProtocol Problems
- Automatic emails: eProtocol will not link cloned protocols to the original protocol, thus expiration emails will continue to be sent until the protocol has expired.
- New Personnel: When adding personnel who are new to the eProtocol system to an application, the message “this person does not have the appropriate role” appears. Re-entry of the same person is typically successful.
- Training records: eProtocol sometimes fails to capture training records.To see what training has been captured for each staff member, click on their name to bring up their information, then click twice on the double arrows to the right of "Training Details.” If completed training is not listed, include the training module name(s) and date of completion for staff members in the box for "training that is not indicated above" for all personnel. See required IBC courses.
- Funding search: Sometimes when searching for sponsored projects the first/default option results in a message reporting “application server is down.” Alternatively, use the second option (Search for Proposal(s)/Sponsored Project Award(s) awarded to another Principal Investigator) and enter the PI’s name or User ID to search.
- *Safari browser: Sometimes the browser Safari hangs up when the Check for Completeness function is performed. It is advised to use Firefox browser.
- New Investigators: If you haven't worked with eProtocol yet, you may have issues with access. If so, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.