Questions & Concerns
Complaints, concerns, or questions may be raised by past, present, and potential research participants, as well as family members, designated spokespersons, study team members, or anyone.
This information and the feedback form are available in the following translations:
- Spanish: Envío de preguntas, inquietudes y quejas
- Somali: Su'aalaha La wargelinayo, Walaacyada, iyo Cabashooyinka
- Hmong: Kev Hais Qhia Txog Cov Nqe Lus Nug, Yam Txhawj Xeeb, thiab Yam Tsis Txaus Siab
Report an Issue, Concern, or Complaint
To raise a concern about research involving human participants at the University of Minnesota or Fairview Health Services, use the Human Research Protection Program Feedback Form. If you request a response and are not contacted within one business day please call 612-625-1650. A technical issue with the online form submission may have occurred.
You may also:
- Call the Research Participants’ Advocate Line: 612-625-1650 (toll free: 1-888-224-8636)
- Send a letter:
200 Oak St. SE
Minneapolis, MN 55414
If you provide your contact information and request a return call/email, an HRPP staff member will respond to you within one business day. However, you do not have to provide your contact information to submit a concern.
Gillette Children’s Specialty Care
If you or your child are participating in a study at Gillette, you may share your concerns directly with Gillette.
- Call the Patient Representative Line: (651) 578-5218
- Provide feedback or share concerns: https://www.gillettechildrens.org/contact-us
If you are a University of Minnesota employee, and you have observed a situation you believe violates a law, regulation or university policy, please report concerns to the University reporting system, UReport. The UReport provides a way for University community members to report violations of rules, regulations and policies. The report can be made anonymously.