Questions & Concerns

Complaints, concerns, or questions may be raised by past, present, and potential research participants, as well as family members, designated spokespersons, study team members, or anyone.

This information and the feedback form are available in the following translations:

Report an Issue, Concern, or Complaint

To raise a concern about research involving human participants at the University of Minnesota or Fairview Health Services, use the Human Research Protection Program Feedback Form. If you request a response and are not contacted within one business day please call (612) 625-1650. A technical issue with the online form submission may have occurred. 

You may also:

  • Call the Research Participants’ Advocate Line: (612) 625-1650 (toll free: 888-224-8636)
  • Send a letter: 
    350-2 McNamara
    200 Oak St. SE
    Minneapolis, MN 55414

If you provide your contact information and request a return call/email, an HRPP staff member will respond to you within one business day. However, you do not have to provide your contact information to submit a concern.

Gillette Children’s Specialty Care

If you or your child are participating in a study at Gillette, you may share your concerns directly with Gillette.


Ureport logo

If you are a University of Minnesota employee, and you have observed a situation you believe violates a law, regulation or university policy, please report concerns to the University reporting system, UReport. The UReport provides a way for University community members to report violations of rules, regulations and policies. The report can be made anonymously.

Concerns About Discrimination or Harassment

To report concerns of discrimination or harassment based on a protected identity at the University, please contact the University's Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action (EOAA) at (612) 624-9547 or