Office for Technology Commercialization
At the Office for Technology Commercialization (OTC), we help University research move beyond the lab and into the marketplace.
Our mission includes:
- Connecting faculty with companies
- Licensing technology for the development of new products and services that benefit the public good
- Fostering economic growth
- Generating revenue that supports the University’s research and education goals
We meet our partners' needs with industry-specific knowledge and experience.
- Agriculture & Horticulture
- Creative Works
- Engineering & Physical Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Software & Information Technology
- Venture Center (startups)
See our organizational chart.
We make technologies available in a variety of ways:
- Express licenses available online
- Fast-track opportunity licenses for early-stage technologies
- Free use for academic partners
- Internal business units—University-led incubators for smaller, evolving opportunities
- Negotiated, exclusive, and nonexclusive license agreements
- University startup companies
- 2017 Annual Report on Technology Commercialization
- 2016 Annual Report on Technology Commercialization
- 2015 Annual Report on Technology Commercialization
- 2014 Annual Report on Technology Commercialization
Guide to Technology Commercialization
Download a guide to tech transfer at the U.