Software & Information Technology
The Software & Information Technology team provides support and expertise for software and computing technologies.
- Evaluating an innovation's market and patentability
- Creating initial distribution and revenue streams
- Pricing and drafting end-user software licenses
- Marketing and licensing
- Negotiating and structuring licensing terms
- Facilitating entrepreneurship through the Venture Center
- Finding professional expertise
We can work with you to develop business models and revenue structures, size the market potential, and identify external partners for commercialization. We transfer University-owned copyrights to commercial partners, enabling commercial use of University copyrights.
Releasing Open Source
We work with the Office of the General Counsel (OGC) to identify standards for open-source release of University-owned software:
- OGC-approved open-source license
- Dual end-user commercial licenses
- Marketing page listing for commercial distribution license
- Source code managed by faculty via GitHub.com