The UMN Technology Commercialization office has developed a new request form and central portal for managing research agreements that protect intellectual property (IP), including outgoing Material Transfer Agreements (MTAs), Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs), and Plant Material Testing Agreements (PMTAs). These legal contracts allow researchers to safely share materials, ideas, and other information with external partners while ensuring that the intellectual property rights to the research is protected.
Some of the benefits of the new online request form include:
- Faster, more efficient process
- Hover text help for some questions
- Number and complexity of questions relative to the type of agreement
- Ability to save the form while in process and return to it later
- Ability to share the form with others for review and feedback
Tech Comm, which processes hundreds of MTAs, NDAs, and PMTAs a year, developed the request form with input from researchers and contract administrators who work with these types of agreements regularly. While the online form was designed to be as intuitive as possible, the Tech Comm team created a set of FAQs to help users navigate the new tool.
To learn more, visit the Request Agreements webpage. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.