Are you an experienced entrepreneur? Are you interested in partnering with a UMN innovator to launch a startup based on University technology?
The Venture Center is looking for entrepreneurs who have the ability, willingness, experience, and resources to lead the formation and launch of a new company. A big part of our role in the Venture Center is to find entrepreneurs who can partner with our UMN innovators and our technology commercialization team to pull together a plan and start a new company. At any one time we have about 35 opportunities in our startup pipeline, where there may be a good fit for you.
Venture Center Business Advisory Group
Typically external entrepreneurs get to know the Venture Center first by joining our Business Advisory Group (BAG), which is a broad-based, diverse network of entrepreneurs, business executives, investors, and subject matter experts. The BAG helps us vet new ideas and assist with technology commercialization across a wide range of technological disciplines and sectors.
Members of the Business Advisory Group:
- Participate in bimonthly meetings
- Help find entrepreneurs, investors, and CEOs
- Make connections with other key stakeholders and industry experts
- Provide technical and market advice
- Serve as CEOs, advisors, mentors, and investors
- Correspond outside of regularly scheduled meetings
- Get invited to other Venture Center events
- Must sign a nondisclosure agreement with the University
If you are interested in joining our Business Advisory Group, please contact us at email@example.com with a link to your LinkedIn profile.