We are seeking experienced and successful entrepreneurs in a variety of fields to lead new companies based on technologies developed at the University of Minnesota.
If you are interested in leading a University startup company, follow the steps below.
- Contact a member of our team to ask about startup opportunities or see our technologies available for licensing.
- Complete a startup application.
- Meet with us for an initial application review.
- Work with us to form a team, including advisors and CEOs-in-Residence, to develop a business plan.
- Meet with us to review your business plan.
- Update the Report of External Professional Activities (REPA) because of potential individual conflict of interest.
- Negotiate with us on the business terms of launching your startup.
- Negotiate the intellectual property licensing terms.
- Form your new company.
The CEO-in-Residence program allows successful entrepreneurs, CEOs and business people to participate in reviewing intellectual property and leading new startups coming out of the University.
We are constantly on the lookout for leaders with a proven track record of running successful startups, expertise in raising money at an early stage and experience evaluating technology-based startup opportunities.
Contact us if you are interested in participating in this program.