The University of Minnesota is a recognized leader in technology transfer, with more than 2,800 current licenses and averaging 210 new license deals each year.
Known for excellence in executing license deals and its innovative, business friendly approaches, UMN Technology Commercialization can help companies gain access to a new market, build a better product, or simply acquire a greater mindshare of their existing customers.
Minnesota Innovation Partnerships, or MN-IP, is an industry-friendly way to partner with the University on research. This approach helps streamline partnerships to transform discoveries into innovative solutions.
We offer a number of benefits to business partners:
- Direct access to world-class innovations
- Opportunities to develop technologies from our renowned research faculty
- Legal, technical, and business advice from our experienced team
- Comfort and satisfaction of licensing intellectual property from the University of Minnesota, ranked 8th among public research universities in the US
- We hold significant industry experience across many disciplines
- We understand the product development process and the time and resources required to commercialize early-stage research
- We cultivate long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with local entrepreneurs and business executives
Get to Know Us
We invite you to introduce yourself and tell us your business goals. We can help you find a compound, tool, or process that will help you reach those goals.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (612) 624-0550.