SPA facilitates the submission, acceptance, and management of sponsored projects and related research agreements for UMN investigators and their staff.
We are responsible for:
- Reviewing proposals for completeness and compliance with agency and university requirements (nontechnical)
- Approving and endorsing proposals on behalf of the University
- Submitting proposals to agencies
- Managing electronic systems for proposal preparation, institutional approval, and submission to agencies
Roles & Responsibilities
Do you know who is responsible for ensuring:
- the proposal package is complete?
- the PRF is routed and signed?
- the proposal is submitted to us?
- the proposal is submitted to the sponsor?
For a more detailed outline of the responsibilities of principal investigators (PIs)/departmental administrators and SPA when submitting a proposal for electronic submission, read this PI Quick Guide.