The Matching Funds grant program provides matching funds for certain grant proposals to external sponsors on an ongoing basis.
- The sponsor must require matching funds as a condition for funding.
- Matching funds are limited to approximately one-third the entire amount required, with the expectation that similar amounts will be provided by the department, principal investigator, and/or college(s).
- By and large, matching funds on projects without indirect costs will not be approved.
- Training grants are not eligible for matching funds through OVPR; requests for funds for these grant opportunities can be directed to the Graduate School.
Decisions will be based on:
- Breadth and depth of the project participants or potential participants
- Alignment of the project with the University of Minnesota's research goals
- Amount of funding required
- Likelihood of receiving the grant award
For questions about Matching Funds, contact Frances Lawrenz, firstname.lastname@example.org, 612-625-2046.