Helpful Resources & Contacts
The offices listed can be contacted about specific international research topics. For general questions about international research or information on this website, email the Export Controls and International Projects Officer, Patrick Briscoe (email@example.com).
University of Minnesota
- Conflict of Interest Program: Addresses individual and institutional conflicts of interest that are created when University activities may be compromised by external domestic or non-US interests.
- Export Controls Office: Responsible for systemwide compliance with federal export control and sanctions laws, and provides advice regarding foreign talent programs, contractual export and security clauses, and international collaborations.
- Faculty and Academic Affairs: Oversees the University’s conflicts of commitment disclosure and management process, in accordance with the Outside Consulting and Other Commitments policy.
- Global Programs and Strategy Alliance (GPS Alliance): The central international office for the University that internationalizes the University community and educational, research, and public service activities.
- International Health, Safety, and Compliance (Dean’s Office): Oversees the International Travel Registry; provides insurance, safety, and other advice; assists with affiliation/exchange agreements.
- International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS): Provides information and counseling to international students and scholars about academic, immigration, legal, career, financial, personal, and family matters, as well as issues of cross-cultural adjustment and professional integration upon returning home.
- Sponsored Projects Administration (SPA): The University office authorized to submit research proposals and receive awards from external sources on behalf of the Board of Regents of the University of Minnesota.