Training & Education
The University provides mandatory and supplemental training in ethics and regulatory compliance for any students, faculty, or staff who are conducting or supporting research at the University.
What Courses Should You Take?
- Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) Core Curriculum
- Sponsor-specific requirements: NSF, USDA-NIFA, NIH
- Specific training from other units may be required—review the list of partnering units and contact the units that relate to your activities
Generating a Training Record
A training record can be generated and printed in the following ways:
- OVPR Research Reporting Center shows RCR, human subjects, and sponsor requirements that have been met. Look under “Compliance” to generate a report by Department ID, internet ID or zDept ID. Note: Updates take 48 hours to process.
- Reporting Center: Training History shows all completed training for U of M faculty and staff (e.g. RCR, HIPAA, Organizational Effectiveness). Select “Completed” from the drop-down menu. Access is available to faculty and staff with an Internet ID (x.500) and password.
- ULearn transcript displays courses completed within ULearn.